The Senior Veterinarian will lead the veterinary staff in providing comprehensive medical and health care services for animals at Gulf World to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the animal collections. This person shall enthusiastically represent Gulf World by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. The collection includes invertebrates, fresh and saltwater fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and domestic mammals, and marine mammals.
- Oversees animal health programs.
- Knowledge of current health status of the collection.
- Manages diagnostics and treatments.
- Collaborates with veterinary and husbandry staff.
- Organizes and maintains pharmacy and surgery areas.
- Oversees medical care of animal rehabilitation program.
- Conducts animal health research projects and prepares the results for presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
- Assist with conducting health certification exams for animals and participate in the transport of animals, if warranted.
- Applicants must be graduates of an AVMA accredited veterinary college and have a valid U.S. license.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years prior experience in zoological medicine, including marine mammals.
- Must qualify for Florida Veterinary License and USDA Accreditation certification.
Salary position with benefits including but not limited to continuing education, relocation assistance, health insurance.
Application deadline October 10, 2017
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org.