The Park currently invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Veterinarian (3 years contract)
Reporting to the Senior Veterinarian, the incumbent will provide veterinary service for over 500 species of marine mammals and terrestrial mammals, including fish, birds, pandas, dolphins, pinnipeds, and other exotic animals in the Park. He/she will carry out preventative programs and perform clinical procedures, diagnostic/therapeutic procedures, and medicine/ surgery. He/ she will also conduct scientific research in areas which are applicable to improving the health and care of our animals. Other duties include maintaining good animal records and active involvement in the design and upgrade of animal exhibits.
- Registered Veterinarian in Hong Kong, or be eligible for registration with Hong Kong Vet Surgeon Board
- Long term interest in zoological medicine, 5 years or more practical experience in Zoo or Marine Park are a strong advantage
- Applicants must have a passion for captive wildlife medicine and husbandry as well as research and conservation
- An interest and proficiency in ultrasonography are an advantage
- An interest and proficiency in pathology or radiography including CT are an advantage
- Proficiency in verbal and written English. Cantonese and Putonghua skills are an advantage
- Diving qualifications are an advantage
- Possession of driving license
- Must know how to swim
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with other departments under stressful conditions
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Applications including details of qualifications, working experience, expected salary, contact telephone number and address should be applied via http://careers.oceanpark.com.hk --> Job opening --> Full time/ Long-term.
Applicants not contacted within six weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.