The 2015 Wildlife Disease Association International Conference will be hosted by the Australasian section and held at the Novotel Twin Waters Resort, on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, from Sunday the 26th to Thursday the 30th of July 2015. The Novotel Twin Waters Resort (http://www.novoteltwinwatersresort.com.au/) is a 4 star resort set in natural bushland adjacent the Maroochy River. The resort is conveniently located close to some of south-east Queensland’s best natural attractions and just over an hour from Brisbane’s domestic and international airport.
- Rania Plowright (Montana State University)
- Michael Kock (Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria)
- Robert Poulin (Department of Zoology, University of Otago)
- William Karesh (Ecohealth Alliance)
- Jonna Mazet (Faculty of Veterinary Science, UC Davis)
- Peter Daszak (Ecohealth Alliance)
- Rick Speare (Tropical Health Solutions)
- Hume Field (Ecohealth Alliance)
- Tanja Strive (CSIRO Biosecurity)
- Thierry Work (USGS, National Wildlife Health Centre)
- Craig Stephen (Canadian Wildlife Health Cooperative)
- Michael Ziccardi (UC Davis, Wildlife Health Centre)
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Registration for next year’s conference is now open. Early bird registration closes 26th April 2015. So now is the time to start planning to join us for what promises to be a fantastic conference on the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR PAPERS/POSTERS
This is the first call for abstracts for spoken presentations and posters to the 2015 WDA conference. The conference is hosted by the Wildlife Disease Association Australasian Section. There will be strong competition for places to present so we urge you to submit your best abstract early.
Abstracts are invited on topics relevant to any of the symposia themes:
- Wildlife disease ecology driving evolution
- One health and PREDICT
- Emerging diseases in Australasia
- Marine ecosystems health
However, abstracts on any other area of wildlife health/disease and possible implications for wildlife management are equally welcome. Specific details concerning Abstract length and submission are presented on the website WDA2015.org.